Thursday, March 15, 2007

Absence of my mind made me A Watch Man

Having been occupied with lot of challenges, I could not find time to fill down my blog space with stuff. But I thought I should not miss to write this funny blog. Since day one of my service with Huawei, I'm having lunch at Madison (office canteen). Food is pretty hygienic and tasty enough there. One day my colleagues wished to try having lunch at some other place. With no option left from my side, I joined them for lunch. As I’m in the process of leaving good impression on them, I’m choosy in putting forward the ideas or what ever which you readers could understand what a normal guy would do to make friends. So on that day, I was walking on the Leela entrance corridor, taking silent looks at the hoardings which read Levi’s Rivet, Barista. We crossed the Leela entrance corridor, a signal, Reuters building and were marching one behind the another towards Madhuri Grand, a good restaurant about which I had no idea about the quality of food at that time. While I was WALKING, I was looking at the buildings, cars which passed by, but my THINKING was about the money which I would have to spend. At Madison, they accept food pass. So I tore few Sodexho tokens and left my desk for lunch. I was shocked when these guys wished to have lunch at some Grand. So I started thinking about the expenses while walking. With this process running in my mind, I had lost my presence of my mind. At one instant, I had to stop for a while to allow a car from a complex to pass. Here comes the funny part. The gate was opened outwards and there was a watch man already there to pull the gate to close. As this intelligent man trying to solve a complex problem to just pay for a lunch, went one step forward to hold the gate, close it and lock it. Happy that these guys moving ahead of me didn’t see my crazy job. I felt embarrassed and by passed my look at the watch man and other people. Thank God nothing serious had happened here in colorful Bangalore.

1 comment:

Seenivasan said...

Funny. I could visualize how you would have done that.