Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Leander - The TENNIS ACE

Guys, I wrote this blog immediately after watching the tennis matches played by India Vs Thailand, Japan. For your information, I’m not a sports guy. So it’s obvious that I do not know much about the rules, of any game. But I have interest (less) in watching few games like cricket, tennis….. I usually watch the matches at the last moment, and only if India takes the lead in any match.

Last night, I watched two tennis matches (of 15th ASIAN GAMES @ DOHA) played by India against Thailand & Japan. I was really IMPRESSED by looking at the AMAZING performance by Leander Paes.

The whole credit of lifting India should go to Leander. The matches were also played by Mahesh Bhupathi (India Vs Thailand) and Sania Mirza (India Vs Japan). The fascinating thing was Leander played in both the matches. But the other two’s performance was not really good compared to Leander’s. Every time Leander raised the score, Mahesh and Mirza would pull it down. I mean in their respective matches. Ok. Let’s not talk much about Mahesh and Mirza. We should also appreciate them for their moderate performance without which India would not have succeeded.

Every time when Leander was pulling his Japanese counterparts down, his style in expressing his joy was unique. This really inspired me. He was quite aggressive too [Leander has informed the press that he will not play with Mahesh on regular basis…This might be due to Mahesh’s underperformance]. But again it’s a sport right. I just don’t want to compare Leander with other top players in the world. His performance at Doha this year should be appreciated.

Finally, I would say, these guys who play with great energy should be paid more than we pay for cricketers.

Now I have become a big fan of

3 comments:

Vijay Venugopal said...

quite intresting da sarath... now i understand what you were doing when you say you are 'Busy'..
'Bunch of roses'...

kbm said...

Hey,
u r doing Surya Namaskaaraa after ur eyes were spoiled out.. dai he is laready in the retirement stage.. May be he will get (young)FANS hahaa.. like u at this time.

kbm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.